Don’t Let Frozen Pipes Become a Winter Tradition!
Frozen pipes are an all too familiar problem for many homeowners during Chicagoland winters. If not taken care of right away, frozen pipes may burst, which leads to major damage. Just one burst pipe running at four to eight gallons of water a minute can do tens of thousands of dollars in damage. Thankfully, you can turn to us to thaw frozen water lines anytime – day or night.
Since 1996, we have helped homeowners with all types of plumbing repairs. As an independent, local, family-owned business, we are invested in the communities we serve and are committed to providing the best customer service possible 24/7.
Why It’s a Problem
Water expands as it freezes. This expansion puts tremendous pressure on your pipes. No matter the strength of the pipe, expanding water can cause pipes to break.
Pipes That Freeze Most Often
- Exposed pipes such as hose bibs, swimming pool supply lines, and water sprinkler lines.
- Pipes in unheated interior areas like basements, crawl spaces, attics, or garages.
- Pipes that run against an exterior wall that has little or no insulation.
- Low water pressure
- No water
- Visible front on pipes
- Strange odors from backup due to a frozen pipe blockage
- Turn on a faucet to allow a small trickle of cold water to run to keep water moving through your pipes.
- Open the under-sink cabinet to keep warm air circulating.
- Put a fan near your pipes and cabinets to keep air moving.
- Drain (winterize) your sprinkler system in the fall.
- Insulate external or exposed pipes.
- Weather seal and weatherstrip crawl spaces, basement doors, and windows.
- Make sure your attic has enough insulation.
- Consider replacing drafty doors and windows.
Capps Frozen Pipe Services
- Burst Pipe Repairs
- Drain Line Thawing
- Water Line Thawing